Table of Contents
Ramadan, an auspicious month, is a time for celebration, mindfulness, and reflection. The important Facts about Ramadan to be mindful of during Ramadan are listed here to assist you in getting ready for a joyful month.
Ramadan Countdown 2023: How Many Days Are Left in Ramadan 2023?Countdown
Facts About the Ramadan
- Ramadan is one of Islam’s Five Pillars.
- It takes place in the ninth month of the Islamic calendar.
- During Ramadan, Muslims fast.
- Each year, the dates of Ramadan change.
- Before and after each day of fasting, Muslims eat a special meal.
- A big party called “Eid ul-Fitr” marks the end of the month of Ramadan.
- People have been fasting during Ramadan since 624 CE.
- During Ramadan, sales of Vimto go up.
- Ramadan is a time to remember the month when the Qur’an was given to the Prophet Muhammad for the first time.
- During Ramadan, you can greet someone by saying “Ramadan Mubarak”
Also Like: How can we prepare for Ramadan?
Why is Ramadan 10 Days Earlier Each Year?
The Islamic calendar is based on the lunar cycle, which is how the moon changes over time. So, on the Gregorian calendar, the Holy Month of Ramadan comes about 10 days earlier each year.
After the moon is seen over Mecca on Wednesday, March 22, 2023, Ramadan will likely start that day. Ramadan will end on Friday, April 21, after 30 days. The holiday days of Eid al-Fitr will begin on Saturday, April 22, or Sunday, April 23.
Also Like: What Are The 4 Sacred Months In Islam